Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Email Book Club

I'd like to take a moment to thank the folks at the Email Book Club and Dear Reader dot com. The Lucifer Messiah was their featured selection in the Horror category over these past two weeks. Other recent selections include novels by Bentley Little, Scott Nicholson and Tim Lebbon, so I was quite honestly thrilled to have my strange little book included in their company.

It didn't hurt sales either, as I noticed a spike in amazon.com purchases over the last fourteen days for my now-almost-two-year-old novel. Since a book by an otherwise unknown author on the market for that length of time is almost impossible to find on store shelves at this point, I'm assuming almost anyone who wants a copy checks amazon sooner or later.

The idea of the email book club is that they send readers the first few chapters of a novel over the course of a week or two so they can decide if they want to buy it after having read enough to make an informed choice -- and without spending anything on it until they have some idea if they're going to enjoy it.

Happily, it would seem that at least some of the people who read the first few chapters of The Lucifer Messiah thought enough of it to plunk down a few bucks on the thing. If anyone reading this now falls into that category, I'd like to thank you as well. I hope the rest of the book, weird and odd as it is, was to your liking.

And if it was, keep your eyes peeled for my new one, hopefully coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.