Sunday, July 22, 2007

Blog

I said I wouldn't do this.

Blog.

Is that a verb now, too? To blog?

I remember when it meant something else, and if you grew up in the 80s around a certain dead-end street in North Jersey (or know someone who did) then you know what I'm talking about.

Back to the point. There are thousands of "writer's blogs" out there. I read a few of them occasionally. It's a lot of the same stuff -- here's how I got published, and here's what you should do if you want to get published too or here's an utterly self-involved rendition of everything I'm doing, and don't you just find it fascinating?

Within the publishing community it's already become a cliche. Another writer's blog. And that's pretty much what this is.

Welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would agree with this opinion, but I’m starting to see things differently.